Sunday, July 20, 2008

Comfort Food


To me, comfort food is fruit. Lots and lots and lots of summer fruit. With yogurt. Here's what I've been eating every day for nearly the past week as I study for the upcoming bar exam. You'll notice it's the same every day (though I've broken from it once or twice)--once I figured out a menu that includes some of my absolute favorite food treats, I decided to stick with it, so I get plenty of treats in my study-filled day. Plus then I make sure to eat enough (I have trouble eating enough sometimes if it's hot or I'm anxious), and it helps me avoid stress stomachaches. This is what makes me happy!

Breakfast: bowl of Kashi GoLean, berries or nectarine (cut up, obviously), skim milk. I love Kashi GoLean. If you know me, you know that. Plus it is high protein!

All Day Long: many glasses of iced Red Zinger or Raspberry Zinger tea. Yum.

Lunch: Smoothie!!! Usually frozen mango chunks, nectarine, lots of plain yogurt, a little milk, and a teaspoon or so of rosewater. Thick, so you have to eat it with a spoon. Also, two Joseph's Flax, Oat Bran & Whole Wheat Flour mini pitas, toasted with butter--bought them once by mistake, and they're actually way tastier and softer than regular pitas, while at the same time being quite low in calories and very high in protein and fiber.

Mid-Afternoon: Chocolate break! One square dark chocolate. Yay.

Dinner: Tomato salad (a cut up tomato or a bunch of cut up little tomatoes, one sliced green onion, sometimes some basil, a drop of olive oil and a sprinkle of salt). Then pasta with Parmesan (a good three tablespoons' worth). Then, a bowl of fruit (blueberries if at all possible), with a nice spoonful of plain Greek yogurt and honey!







Late Evening:
Chocolate, and wine. Then bedtime.

Repeat the next day.



No comments: