Saturday, October 22, 2011

Pumpkin Muffins

Yum! I cut the sugar from the recipe I was adapting, but would try cutting it further and might try using a bit more pumpkin and 1 fewer egg. However, these were very well received.

Pumpkin Muffins

1 cup pumpkin puree, canned or otherwise
3/4 cup white flour
3/4 cup whole wheat flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/3 cup brown sugar [I would try 1/4 cup each next time]
2 eggs [I would try 1 next time with a bit more pumpkin]
1/3 cup vegetable oil
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ginger
1/8 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp baking soda

Preheat oven to 350 and line muffin tin. Using a whisk, gently mix together all ingredients just until blended. Spoon into muffin tins, filling about 2/3 full -- should make exactly 12 if you scrape the bowl well. (I recommend that you don't forget to add the sugar and baking soda until after you've started to spoon it into the muffin tins, as I did.) Bake 25-30 minutes.

Makes 12

3 comments:

Amy said...

Yum! I made pumpkin muffins about a week ago (but just read your post today). Delish :)

Amy said...

Yum! I made pumpkin muffins about a week ago (but just read your post today). Delish :)

Claire said...

Yum indeed! I just made this but with the addition of chocolate chips.