Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Rice Patties, Take Two


Last fall, when we had extra vegetables, I made these rice patties. Today, we didn't really have vegetables, but we did have leftover rice. Here's the vegetable-free version of leftover rice patties. The proportions are a little better in this version, so I'm curious to see how this version turns out with vegetables. (And they really do need a fresh vegetable garnish or sauce of some kind.)

Photo will appear when I find my camera cord...

Rice Patties, Take Two

1 cup cooked rice (this time I used white rice)
2 eggs, beaten
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese
large pinch rosemary
pinch of dill

Heat a lightly-greased frying pan over medium-low heat. Drop teaspoonfuls of batter onto the pan to make silver-dollar sized patties. Cook a few minutes until the patties just begin to brown on the bottom; flip, and cook about one minute longer (or a little less), until golden on the second side.

Makes 8 silver-dollar sized patties.

No comments: